Black cab drivers to race on Hackney Marshes
Drivers to put their keys down and pick up thier running shoes
BLACK cab drivers are taking their foot off the pedal and putting it in a running shoe for a special race on Hackney marshes.
Dozens of drivers are expected to take part in the Cabbies 5k race on September 11 as part of the Two2Go Family Sport Festival.
The race is part of a day of sporting events designed to increase participation in sport with just two years to go until the London Olympics.
Other events on the day include the Lee Valley Trail Marathon, 10k, 5k, CaniX dog Cross-Country race and Two2Go 5-a-side football tournament in association with Leyton Orient FC. There will also be a whole range of free sporting demos and drop in sessions for all the family, as well as live music, dancing, food and fun for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Two2Go is run by Sporting Bunnies Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation.
Anyone interested in getting involved or wanting more information should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney gym owners fined £1,000 for breaching Covid rules