Black cab drivers to race on Hackney Marshes
Drivers to put their keys down and pick up thier running shoes
BLACK cab drivers are taking their foot off the pedal and putting it in a running shoe for a special race on Hackney marshes.
Dozens of drivers are expected to take part in the Cabbies 5k race on September 11 as part of the Two2Go Family Sport Festival.
The race is part of a day of sporting events designed to increase participation in sport with just two years to go until the London Olympics.
Other events on the day include the Lee Valley Trail Marathon, 10k, 5k, CaniX dog Cross-Country race and Two2Go 5-a-side football tournament in association with Leyton Orient FC. There will also be a whole range of free sporting demos and drop in sessions for all the family, as well as live music, dancing, food and fun for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
Two2Go is run by Sporting Bunnies Ltd, a not-for-profit organisation.
Anyone interested in getting involved or wanting more information should email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta