Blaze at Hackney Turkish restaurant
PUBLISHED: 18:04 13 November 2014 | UPDATED: 18:04 13 November 2014
A fire broke out in the extraction system of a Turkish restaurant this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to Anatolia in Mare street at 1.45pm.
The whole extraction system located between the ground and first floor was damaged in the blaze.
A spokesman said: Restaurants use bigger extraction systems than we would use at home.
“We see a number of these fires in the ducting, primarily this is because of a build up of grease and fat which can ignite lead to a fire.
“It should be kept clean to avoid a build up of grease.”
About 15 fire fighters in three fire engines had dealt with the fire by 3pm.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Hackney Gazette. Click the link in the orange box above for details.