Blaze at Hackney Turkish restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in the extraction system of a Turkish restaurant this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to Anatolia in Mare street at 1.45pm.
The whole extraction system located between the ground and first floor was damaged in the blaze.
A spokesman said: Restaurants use bigger extraction systems than we would use at home.
“We see a number of these fires in the ducting, primarily this is because of a build up of grease and fat which can ignite lead to a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be kept clean to avoid a build up of grease.”
About 15 fire fighters in three fire engines had dealt with the fire by 3pm.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 5 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared