Blaze at Hackney Turkish restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in the extraction system of a Turkish restaurant this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to Anatolia in Mare street at 1.45pm.
The whole extraction system located between the ground and first floor was damaged in the blaze.
A spokesman said: Restaurants use bigger extraction systems than we would use at home.
“We see a number of these fires in the ducting, primarily this is because of a build up of grease and fat which can ignite lead to a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be kept clean to avoid a build up of grease.”
About 15 fire fighters in three fire engines had dealt with the fire by 3pm.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney