Blaze at Hackney Turkish restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in the extraction system of a Turkish restaurant this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to Anatolia in Mare street at 1.45pm.
The whole extraction system located between the ground and first floor was damaged in the blaze.
A spokesman said: Restaurants use bigger extraction systems than we would use at home.
“We see a number of these fires in the ducting, primarily this is because of a build up of grease and fat which can ignite lead to a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be kept clean to avoid a build up of grease.”
About 15 fire fighters in three fire engines had dealt with the fire by 3pm.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home