Blaze at Hackney Turkish restaurant
- Credit: Archant
A fire broke out in the extraction system of a Turkish restaurant this afternoon.
The London Fire Brigade was called to Anatolia in Mare street at 1.45pm.
The whole extraction system located between the ground and first floor was damaged in the blaze.
A spokesman said: Restaurants use bigger extraction systems than we would use at home.
“We see a number of these fires in the ducting, primarily this is because of a build up of grease and fat which can ignite lead to a fire.
You may also want to watch:
“It should be kept clean to avoid a build up of grease.”
About 15 fire fighters in three fire engines had dealt with the fire by 3pm.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney