Three escape blaze in Church Street, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Three people escaped from an alleyway fire between two shops in Church Street, Stoke Newington.
The blaze on Monday night is believed to have been started by a light bulb igniting cardboard boxes stacked for recycling.
Crews from Stoke Newington tackled the fire between a garden centre and a pet shop after being called by a passer-by.
They confined the fire to the alleyway and three occupants of the garden shop evacuated the building before the brigade arrived.
Smoke also entered nearby flats but nobody was home.
You may also want to watch:
The fire, believed to be accidental, was brought under control in an hour.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries