Three escape blaze in Church Street, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Three people escaped from an alleyway fire between two shops in Church Street, Stoke Newington.
The blaze on Monday night is believed to have been started by a light bulb igniting cardboard boxes stacked for recycling.
Crews from Stoke Newington tackled the fire between a garden centre and a pet shop after being called by a passer-by.
They confined the fire to the alleyway and three occupants of the garden shop evacuated the building before the brigade arrived.
Smoke also entered nearby flats but nobody was home.
You may also want to watch:
The fire, believed to be accidental, was brought under control in an hour.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition