Three escape blaze in Church Street, Stoke Newington
- Credit: Archant
Three people escaped from an alleyway fire between two shops in Church Street, Stoke Newington.
The blaze on Monday night is believed to have been started by a light bulb igniting cardboard boxes stacked for recycling.
Crews from Stoke Newington tackled the fire between a garden centre and a pet shop after being called by a passer-by.
They confined the fire to the alleyway and three occupants of the garden shop evacuated the building before the brigade arrived.
Smoke also entered nearby flats but nobody was home.
You may also want to watch:
The fire, believed to be accidental, was brought under control in an hour.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction