Body of man identified as missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Mr William Lee’s family renewed calls for help on Monday to trace the 77-year old from Stoke Newington, following the spate of freezing weather.
Officers investigating the disappearance of a Hackney pensioner who had not been seen since last Thursday have discovered the body of a man.
Police had been concerned about Mr Lee, 77, who suffers from dementia, and was last seen leaving his home address in Stoke Newington five days before.
The body was found at around 4pm on Monday in Mays Lane in Barnet, and has now been identified as Mr William Lee. His next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said the death is not believed to be suspicious at this early stage.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Enquiries continue by Hackney officers to establish the full circumstances.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 7 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 8 Thunder and lightning could return to London on Monday
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors