Body of man identified as missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Mr William Lee’s family renewed calls for help on Monday to trace the 77-year old from Stoke Newington, following the spate of freezing weather.
Officers investigating the disappearance of a Hackney pensioner who had not been seen since last Thursday have discovered the body of a man.
Police had been concerned about Mr Lee, 77, who suffers from dementia, and was last seen leaving his home address in Stoke Newington five days before.
The body was found at around 4pm on Monday in Mays Lane in Barnet, and has now been identified as Mr William Lee. His next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said the death is not believed to be suspicious at this early stage.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Enquiries continue by Hackney officers to establish the full circumstances.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV