Body of man identified as missing Hackney pensioner
- Credit: Archant
Mr William Lee’s family renewed calls for help on Monday to trace the 77-year old from Stoke Newington, following the spate of freezing weather.
Officers investigating the disappearance of a Hackney pensioner who had not been seen since last Thursday have discovered the body of a man.
Police had been concerned about Mr Lee, 77, who suffers from dementia, and was last seen leaving his home address in Stoke Newington five days before.
The body was found at around 4pm on Monday in Mays Lane in Barnet, and has now been identified as Mr William Lee. His next of kin have been informed.
A police spokeswoman said the death is not believed to be suspicious at this early stage.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Enquiries continue by Hackney officers to establish the full circumstances.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death