Borough Market favourite Padella could be opening second restaurant in Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
A second branch of the hugely popular Borough Market restaurant Padella could be coming to Shoreditch.
A licensing application to serve alcohol from 11am to 11pm daily at a unit in Phipp Street was submitted by Padella Ltd two weeks ago.
The Italian restaurant in Borough Market opened in 2016 is famed for having the longest queues in London.
The team behind it, Tim Siadatan and Jordan Frieda, also run Trullo in St Paul's Road, Islington.
Last month another popular Borough restaurant, the Algarvian Casa Do Frango, submitted an application for a premise licence in King John Court.
You may also want to watch:
London Meats East has also applied to change the layout of the former Beavertown-owned Dukes Brew and Que. The firm lists Daniel Nathan, co-founder of Kentish Town steakhouse Beer and Brew, as a director.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover