Boxpark Shoreditch to learn if it can extend last orders until midnight at weekends
- Credit: Archant
Boxpark Shoreditch will learn this week whether it has permission to sell alcohol until midnight at weekends.
The pop-up food, retail and bar unit, which vowed to have no licensed premises ahead of opening in 2011, wants to extend its closing time until 12.30am on Fridays and Saturdays and 11.30pm weeknights.
That would also mean pushing back last orders until 11pm on weeknights, and midnight on Fridays and Saturdays.
The firm also wants to remove conditions that mean drinks can only be sold in branded cups, a bone of contention when the venue last extended its licence in 2017. Branded cups mean police know that drinks have been bought from the official bar, and not from independent traders selling booze without a licence.
But police said that was a concern. In a report ahead of Thursday's meeting, Pc Kerrie Ryan said: "The removal of these conditions will enable the other units to breach their lease and their licence undetected.
"Police would like to hear why these conditions should be removed and how this would be of benefit to them without undermining the licensing objectives."
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 6 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Moorfields patient receives world’s first 3D printed prosthetic eye
- 8 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Chance of snow in London this weekend