Somerford Grove murder: Boy, 15, stabbed to death in Stoke Newington - bringing Hackney’s death toll to three in a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy was stabbed to death in Somerford Grove last night - making him third person to be fatally knifed in the street in Hackney in a fortnight.
Police officers, who were called to the scene at 8.54pm, gave the child emergency first aid until paramedics from London’s Air Ambulance arrived. But he was pronounced dead within an hour, at 9.49pm.
His next of kin have been informed.
A second boy, aged 16, was found with stab injuries in Shacklewell Road - the next street along.
He is in hospital, and his injuries are not life-threatening according to Scotland Yard.
A section 60 was put in place for the whole of Hackney until 7am this morning - meaning officers could stop and search people without having grounds for suspicion.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 2 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 7 Drivers and assistants for special needs pupils vote to strike after council 'brush off'
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
The murder is the third in Hackney in the space of two weeks. Steve Brown, 47, was stabbed through the heart on April 17 and died in Matthias Road - 500m from last night’s stabbing.
Then on Friday afternoon Joshua White, 29, from Homerton, was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road, south Hackney.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with his murder.