Boy, 8, dies after car crash
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The eight-year old boy who was hit by a car last Wednesday in Upper Clapton has died.
The boy was involved in a collision with a car at around 8.20pm on Wednesday, 11 November in Jessam Avenue.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment to his injuries but died there last night/ on Sunday night just after 10pm.
The driver of the car involved, a man aged in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He was taken to an east London police station and was has been bailed until later this month pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command investigate and appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to the collision, to contact them on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust