Boy, 8, dies after car crash
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The eight-year old boy who was hit by a car last Wednesday in Upper Clapton has died.
The boy was involved in a collision with a car at around 8.20pm on Wednesday, 11 November in Jessam Avenue.
He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment to his injuries but died there last night/ on Sunday night just after 10pm.
The driver of the car involved, a man aged in his 20s, stopped at the scene and was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving.
He was taken to an east London police station and was has been bailed until later this month pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers from the Roads and Transport Policing Command investigate and appeal to anyone who witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to the collision, to contact them on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12