BREAKING: West Ham target Long looks set for West Brom move
Reading striker looks set for move to Premier League club
West Ham target Shane Long is set to complete a move to Premier League side West Brom this week in a deal thought to be worth more than �6 million.
Long, who joined Reading from Cork City for just �35,000 six years ago, is set to become West Brom’s record signing.
West Ham made a bid for the Ireland international last month, which was rejected by the Royals’ board as the club did not want to sell to a Championship rival.
However, Reading refused to stand in the way of a Premier League move for the 24-year-old striker who scored 25 goals last season for the Berkshire club.
Long was due to be training with the Republic of Ireland ahead of their midweek game against Croatia on Wednesday, but it is now believed he is in the West Midlands undergoing a medical.
With the Hammers having already missed out on DJ Campbell and Eidur Gudjohnsen this summer, it seems that manager Sam Allardyce will once again have to turn his attention elsewhere search for a striker to spearhead West Ham’s promotion campaign.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon