BREAKING: West Ham target Long looks set for West Brom move
Reading striker looks set for move to Premier League club
West Ham target Shane Long is set to complete a move to Premier League side West Brom this week in a deal thought to be worth more than �6 million.
Long, who joined Reading from Cork City for just �35,000 six years ago, is set to become West Brom’s record signing.
West Ham made a bid for the Ireland international last month, which was rejected by the Royals’ board as the club did not want to sell to a Championship rival.
However, Reading refused to stand in the way of a Premier League move for the 24-year-old striker who scored 25 goals last season for the Berkshire club.
You may also want to watch:
Long was due to be training with the Republic of Ireland ahead of their midweek game against Croatia on Wednesday, but it is now believed he is in the West Midlands undergoing a medical.
With the Hammers having already missed out on DJ Campbell and Eidur Gudjohnsen this summer, it seems that manager Sam Allardyce will once again have to turn his attention elsewhere search for a striker to spearhead West Ham’s promotion campaign.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney