BREAKING: West Ham target Long looks set for West Brom move
Reading striker looks set for move to Premier League club
West Ham target Shane Long is set to complete a move to Premier League side West Brom this week in a deal thought to be worth more than �6 million.
Long, who joined Reading from Cork City for just �35,000 six years ago, is set to become West Brom’s record signing.
West Ham made a bid for the Ireland international last month, which was rejected by the Royals’ board as the club did not want to sell to a Championship rival.
However, Reading refused to stand in the way of a Premier League move for the 24-year-old striker who scored 25 goals last season for the Berkshire club.
You may also want to watch:
Long was due to be training with the Republic of Ireland ahead of their midweek game against Croatia on Wednesday, but it is now believed he is in the West Midlands undergoing a medical.
With the Hammers having already missed out on DJ Campbell and Eidur Gudjohnsen this summer, it seems that manager Sam Allardyce will once again have to turn his attention elsewhere search for a striker to spearhead West Ham’s promotion campaign.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year