BREAKING: West Ham target Long looks set for West Brom move
Reading striker looks set for move to Premier League club
West Ham target Shane Long is set to complete a move to Premier League side West Brom this week in a deal thought to be worth more than �6 million.
Long, who joined Reading from Cork City for just �35,000 six years ago, is set to become West Brom’s record signing.
West Ham made a bid for the Ireland international last month, which was rejected by the Royals’ board as the club did not want to sell to a Championship rival.
However, Reading refused to stand in the way of a Premier League move for the 24-year-old striker who scored 25 goals last season for the Berkshire club.
You may also want to watch:
Long was due to be training with the Republic of Ireland ahead of their midweek game against Croatia on Wednesday, but it is now believed he is in the West Midlands undergoing a medical.
With the Hammers having already missed out on DJ Campbell and Eidur Gudjohnsen this summer, it seems that manager Sam Allardyce will once again have to turn his attention elsewhere search for a striker to spearhead West Ham’s promotion campaign.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 9 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 10 'Hackney is still building', says mayor on future affordable housing