Llorente nets for Spurs in friendly win over Brentford at Hotspur Way
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Behind closed doors pre-season friendly: Tottenham Hotspur 2 Brentford 1
Tottenham Hotspur secured another behind closed doors friendly win with a 2-1 victory over Brentford on Saturday evening.
After defeating Southend United last week, Mauricio Pochettino gave opportunities to a number of his squad ahead of the trip to the United States.
Spurs took the lead at Hotspur Way after 38 minutes when Fernando Llorente got a touch to Victor Wanyama’s shot.
Brentwood pushed for a way back into the contest, but couldn’t find a way past Michel Vorm before the break.
You may also want to watch:
Youngster Anthony Georgiou also featured in the first half alongside regulars Serge Aurier, Ben Davies and Erik Lamela.
Changes were made at the break and one of them was immediately involved as Paulo Gazzaniga denied Neal Maupay in the 54th minute.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 8 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Five minutes later and Maupay did beat Tottenham’s Argentinean goalkeeper, but only after he had saved from Alan Judge moments earlier.
Pochettino gave minutes to a number of youngsters after with Tashan Oakley-Boothe, Luke Amos, George Marsh and Oliver Skipp coming on.
Heung-min Son had also been introduced at this point alongside with Kyle Walker-Peters and Georges-Kevin Nkoudou and the latter made his mark in the 90th minute.
Son, fresh from representing South Korea at the World Cup, burst away on the right and his cross was converted by Nkoudou to make it 2-1 and give Tottenham another victory this summer.
It was another good workout for the team and a day later they made the trip to the United States for the start of their pre-season tour.