Brewhouse and Kitchen to open a microbrewery and pub at Beagle’s former Hoxton site
- Credit: Christie & Co
Microbrewery and pub operator, Brewhouse and Kitchen, plans to open a branch next month at the Hoxton site formerly occupied by Beagle restaurant, coffee shop and bar.
Beagle was open for nearly five years when it suddenly ceased trading in January.
Set up by brothers Danny and Kieran Clancy, the Michelin recommended restaurant set across three railway archways in Geffrye Street had won awards for its interior design, and served a seasonal British menu.
Brewhouse and Kitchen have bought the property which they now plan to give a “slight refurbishment”, and set up a microbrewery on site.
Kris Gumbrell of Brewhouse said: “This iconic location, set in the railway arches next to the Hoxton Overground, is a unique opportunity and a great fit with our brewpubs at Highbury and Angel.
You may also want to watch:
“It is expected to be open and brewing in mid-July, and we’re looking forward to welcoming local businesses and punters to what will be a stunning site in an equally special location.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 8 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods