Brewhouse and Kitchen to open a microbrewery and pub at Beagle’s former Hoxton site
- Credit: Christie & Co
Microbrewery and pub operator, Brewhouse and Kitchen, plans to open a branch next month at the Hoxton site formerly occupied by Beagle restaurant, coffee shop and bar.
Beagle was open for nearly five years when it suddenly ceased trading in January.
Set up by brothers Danny and Kieran Clancy, the Michelin recommended restaurant set across three railway archways in Geffrye Street had won awards for its interior design, and served a seasonal British menu.
Brewhouse and Kitchen have bought the property which they now plan to give a “slight refurbishment”, and set up a microbrewery on site.
Kris Gumbrell of Brewhouse said: “This iconic location, set in the railway arches next to the Hoxton Overground, is a unique opportunity and a great fit with our brewpubs at Highbury and Angel.
You may also want to watch:
“It is expected to be open and brewing in mid-July, and we’re looking forward to welcoming local businesses and punters to what will be a stunning site in an equally special location.”
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 5 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 6 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 7 De Beauvoir residents to vote on estate regeneration in planning policy dry run
- 8 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 9 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack