Brewhouse and Kitchen to open a microbrewery and pub at Beagle’s former Hoxton site
- Credit: Christie & Co
Microbrewery and pub operator, Brewhouse and Kitchen, plans to open a branch next month at the Hoxton site formerly occupied by Beagle restaurant, coffee shop and bar.
Beagle was open for nearly five years when it suddenly ceased trading in January.
Set up by brothers Danny and Kieran Clancy, the Michelin recommended restaurant set across three railway archways in Geffrye Street had won awards for its interior design, and served a seasonal British menu.
Brewhouse and Kitchen have bought the property which they now plan to give a “slight refurbishment”, and set up a microbrewery on site.
Kris Gumbrell of Brewhouse said: “This iconic location, set in the railway arches next to the Hoxton Overground, is a unique opportunity and a great fit with our brewpubs at Highbury and Angel.
You may also want to watch:
“It is expected to be open and brewing in mid-July, and we’re looking forward to welcoming local businesses and punters to what will be a stunning site in an equally special location.”
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney