Britney Spears shoots new video in Dalston
Pop superstar Britney Spears was running around Hackney brandishing a gun yesterday (Monday) as she filmed her latest music video in London.
The 29-year-old singer, who shot to world-wide fame aged just 17 with her debut album ‘…Baby One More Time’, was playing a gun-toting femme fatale for her new single ‘Criminal’.
Her fianc� Jason Trawick, a talent manager, was playing the role of her accomplice in a pastiche of the infamous criminal lovers Bonnie and Clyde.
Cameras rolled as the couple held up a corner shop in west London, and the production moved to Hackney as the pair tried to evade police.
Filming took place near Stoke Newington Town Hall and in a former garage in Arcola Street, Dalston.
You may also want to watch:
The troubled star is attempting a comeback after suffering a much-publicised breakdown four years ago.
• Did you see Britney in Hackney yesterday? Contact reporter Chloe Mayer with your sightings and photos on 020 8477 3774 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12