Britney Spears shoots new video in Dalston
Pop superstar Britney Spears was running around Hackney brandishing a gun yesterday (Monday) as she filmed her latest music video in London.
The 29-year-old singer, who shot to world-wide fame aged just 17 with her debut album ‘…Baby One More Time’, was playing a gun-toting femme fatale for her new single ‘Criminal’.
Her fianc� Jason Trawick, a talent manager, was playing the role of her accomplice in a pastiche of the infamous criminal lovers Bonnie and Clyde.
Cameras rolled as the couple held up a corner shop in west London, and the production moved to Hackney as the pair tried to evade police.
Filming took place near Stoke Newington Town Hall and in a former garage in Arcola Street, Dalston.
You may also want to watch:
The troubled star is attempting a comeback after suffering a much-publicised breakdown four years ago.
• Did you see Britney in Hackney yesterday? Contact reporter Chloe Mayer with your sightings and photos on 020 8477 3774 or email@example.com.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 4 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted