Brother charged with murder of Ex-EastEnders actress
The brother of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been charged with murder after her headless torso was found in the Regents canal close to Broadway Market in Haggerston on Tuesday.
Tony McCluskie, 35, who lived with his 29-year-old sister and their mother less than a quarter of a mile away in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, will appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
His sister, who appeared in 30 episodes of the soap in 2001 playing the role of Kerry Skinner, was last seen alive at the opening ceremony of the �650 million new Royal London Hospital. Whitechapel on March 1.
Police divers are continuing their search for her dismembered head, arms and legs.
She was filmed on CCTV at the opening of the new Royal London and police have been reviewing footage as part of their investigation into her death.
You may also want to watch:
The actress was pictured at the ceremony wearing a yellow long-sleeved blouse with a round neck and navy-blue leggings.
She was also carrying a two-toned Louis Vuitton bag with beige handles. Her BlackBerry mobile phone, which had a white case, has not been recovered.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 8 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack