Brother charged with murder of Ex-EastEnders actress
The brother of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been charged with murder after her headless torso was found in the Regents canal close to Broadway Market in Haggerston on Tuesday.
Tony McCluskie, 35, who lived with his 29-year-old sister and their mother less than a quarter of a mile away in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, will appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
His sister, who appeared in 30 episodes of the soap in 2001 playing the role of Kerry Skinner, was last seen alive at the opening ceremony of the �650 million new Royal London Hospital. Whitechapel on March 1.
Police divers are continuing their search for her dismembered head, arms and legs.
She was filmed on CCTV at the opening of the new Royal London and police have been reviewing footage as part of their investigation into her death.
You may also want to watch:
The actress was pictured at the ceremony wearing a yellow long-sleeved blouse with a round neck and navy-blue leggings.
She was also carrying a two-toned Louis Vuitton bag with beige handles. Her BlackBerry mobile phone, which had a white case, has not been recovered.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 10 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold