Brother charged with murder of Ex-EastEnders actress
The brother of former EastEnders actress Gemma McCluskie has been charged with murder after her headless torso was found in the Regents canal close to Broadway Market in Haggerston on Tuesday.
Tony McCluskie, 35, who lived with his 29-year-old sister and their mother less than a quarter of a mile away in Pelter Street, Bethnal Green, will appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
His sister, who appeared in 30 episodes of the soap in 2001 playing the role of Kerry Skinner, was last seen alive at the opening ceremony of the �650 million new Royal London Hospital. Whitechapel on March 1.
Police divers are continuing their search for her dismembered head, arms and legs.
She was filmed on CCTV at the opening of the new Royal London and police have been reviewing footage as part of their investigation into her death.
You may also want to watch:
The actress was pictured at the ceremony wearing a yellow long-sleeved blouse with a round neck and navy-blue leggings.
She was also carrying a two-toned Louis Vuitton bag with beige handles. Her BlackBerry mobile phone, which had a white case, has not been recovered.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets