Brother of murdered Hackney schoolgirl speaks of grief
Agnes’ brother speaks out after men found guilty of shooting her dead.
The family of murderered schoolgirl Agnes Sina-Inakoju has spoken of their grief after two men were found guilty of shooting her dead.
Abiola, Agnes’ brother, said: “Agnes Sina-Inakoju was a very beautiful, friendly, brilliant and intelligent young girl with lots of potential.
“She was full of ambition and intended to go to Oxford University to continue her study after school.
“Back in March 2009 Agnes represented her school, Haggerston School, in the Hackney regional finals of ‘John Petchey’s Speak Out Challenge’, where she won second place for her presentation about racism that she presented in front of lots of people at the Hackney Empire.
You may also want to watch:
“Agnes had plenty of time for her friends and family. She enjoyed being with her friends. She was a very popular girl and fun to be with. She was lively and always had a smile.
“Agnes’ family have lost a sister, friend and daughter. We still can’t believe that she has been taken away from us at such a young age. We are still coming to terms with her loss and the fact that we will never see her again.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
“She remains in our hearts, where she will remain forever. We will always remember the beautiful times that we shared together as a family.”