Burnley complete signing of West Ham striker Zavon Hines
England under-21 striker Zavon Hines has completed his move to Burnley.
The Jamaican-born forward was offered a new contract with West Ham, but, apparently on the advice of his agent, refused to sign.
Hines was subsequently on a week-to-week contract with the Hammers before agreeing a move to Burnley.
Clarets boss Eddie Howe had previously shown an interest in Hines, having unsuccessfully tried to sign the striker on loan last season.
After being told that he was free to leave the club by West Ham boss Sam Allardyce, the 22-year-old has signed for the Lancashire outfit following a successful medical yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
However, Burnley do have to pay some amount of compensation – rumoured to be around �250,000 – to the Hammers under the Bosman ruling as Hines is under the age of 24.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 7 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world