No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- Credit: Amazon Fresh
Hackney's first Amazon Fresh store has opened in Dalston today (September 8), offering no queues, no check outs, "Just Walk Out" shopping.
The Kingsland High Street shop is one of six Amazon Fresh convenience stores offering the unique shopping experience in the UK.
After customers use the Amazon app to enter the branch, they can then put their phone away and shop for what they need. At the end of their shopping trip, they can simply walk out.
Amazon's "Just Walk Out" technology does the rest, charging customers automatically for items bought.
The Amazon Fresh store, which opened at 7am this morning, offers a wide selection from its new private food brand, ‘by Amazon’ which has hundreds of products, including meat and vegetables, freshly prepared meals and everyday essentials.
You may also want to watch:
The own-brand range includes hot food throughout the day and on-the-go meals.
Store manager Paul Duke said: "I can’t wait for us to get to know the local community in Dalston.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers