Hackney vegan-based skincare brand wins European award
- Credit: Marina Kozlova / Nicolas Flanagan
A Hackney self-care brand that only uses vegan ingredients has won silver at the European “Free From” Skincare Awards.
The product Balance It Antioxidant Facial Oil, which helps to soothe acne and facial scarring, was picked out by the judges for the prize.
It is a reward for the efforts of Hackney local Marina Kozlova, who set up the company.
She said: “Two years ago, when I first had the idea for my self-care focused brand Fais, I could have never dreamt that my natural and vegan products would resonate so well with my audience and win awards.”
The Skincare Awards judges products ‘free from’ ingredients that cause health, ethical and environmental concerns.
You may also want to watch:
Marina said: “I have chosen to work with natural and vegan ingredients because they leave a smaller imprint on our environment.
“The plant-derived ingredients in our vegan formulas contain more vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to repair and hydrate the skin. They are also more sustainable.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 7 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust