Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- Credit: Lidl
The first shoppers are enjoying Finsbury Park's new Lidl shop, which opened inside the Arts Building on Morris Place this week.
The opening week drew in crowds with exclusive deals and offers, as well as its large sales area of 917m2 and a bakery section.
Extra produce from the shop is donated to community food hubs which support families including The Boiler House Community Space and Highbury Vale Blackstock Trust. This is part of the Lidl's Feed-it-Back scheme which connects shops across the country to community kitchens and foodbanks.
Lidl GB’s regional head of property, Mike Devine, said: “We would like to thank all those who have played a part in bringing this new Lidl store to Finsbury Park.”
Covid-19 safety precautions are in measure with regular cleaning stations and protective screens at checkout.
You may also want to watch:
Opening times are between 7am - 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am – 4pm on Sunday.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 3 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 4 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 5 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries