Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched
- Credit: Hackney Council
Hackney Central businesses recovering from the coronavirus pandemic will be supported by £360,000 in funding.
The council announced the Hackney Central Impact and Ideas Fund on January 18.
Businesses can apply either for an "ideas grant" for projects worth up to £5,000. These include smaller-scale projects like one-off events, becoming more eco-friendly or improving a shop front.
Impact Grants will also be available for project of up to £50,000.
These grants cover bigger projects like creating a programme of events or launching training schemes.
The fund will support work the Hackney Central plan - a blueprint which outlines future development in the area.
Cllr Guy Nicholson, deputy mayor and portfolio holder for culture and inclusive economy, said: “We’re committed to supporting local businesses in recovering and rebuilding."
- 1 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 2 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 5 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 6 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 7 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 8 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 9 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
Applications are open from January 18 to February 13 with outcomes set for March.
Find out at hackney.gov.uk/additional-restrictions-grant