Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- Credit: OKN1
An east London college is encouraging diners to book and support student chefs after the reopening of its Hoxton restaurant for outdoor dining on April 17.
New City College's commercial restaurant, OKN1 on Hoxton Street, provides students with the opportunity to work with professional chefs.
A college spokesperson said: "As with everyone in the industry, we have not been able to open our doors during lockdown, which has impacted on our students' learning, as they haven't been able to prepare a real dining experience for paying customers."
Trainee cooks have created a three course, seasonal taster menu, to be served on the evening of April 21 in memory of Chef Gary Rhodes who died in 2019.
They will be taking charge in OKN1's kitchen every Wednesday with menus influenced by famous chefs like Gordon Ramsay and countries including Mexico, India and Thailand.
OKN1's taster menus, created, cooked and serve by trainee chefs cost £25 per person.
Book at www.okn1.co.uk
- 1 Man dies after reports of shooting in Dalston
- 2 Boat party organiser pleads guilty to breaking Covid rules during lockdown
- 3 Dalston shooting victim named by police
- 4 All Points East: Meet east London artist Olivia Dean
- 5 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 6 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 7 Election 2021: Hackney by-election results revealed
- 8 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report