Lab Tonica to bring colour to Chatsworth Road with debut shop
- Credit: Kitty McEntee
A contemporary wellness brand will bring colour to Hackney when its first shop opens next month.
Lab Tonica, which sells a range of herbal teas, balms and mists, will open its debut store in Chatsworth Road on Thursday, July 7.
Kitty McEntee, founder of Lab Tonica, will not feature anything “beige or bland” in the shop, a disused confectioner’s she renovated.
She said: “The shop is a real local treasure. It still has Victorian wood panelling and I found old coins that were one hundred years old there when I was doing it up.
“After the last few years we have had, I think we really need to bring more joy into our lives so it is going to be vibrant and colourful.”
Kitty, who lives in Clapton, originally operated Lab Tonica online and from a QR code in the shop’s antique window due to the Covid pandemic.
In addition to selling her own products, Kitty will use the store to showcase other women-owned businesses in Hackney “doing great things”.
- 1 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 2 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 4 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 5 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 6 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 7 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 8 The three strikes and protests hitting Hackney this week
- 9 Pole thrown on railway tracks 'caused over 11 hours of delays'
- 10 Plea date set for teen charged with broad daylight stabbing
She said: “The people of Hackney are brilliant. They will always support you if you get involved with the local community.”