New Hackney Wick 'destination spot' pizza restaurant and bar
- Credit: Leo Cackett
Just in time for summer, a new canalside restaurant has opened in Hackney Wick.
Lanterna, at Fish Island, serves stone-baked pizza and is owner Declan Perkins' fifth London restaurant.
It follows The Lauriston in Victoria Park, The Regent in Islington, Clissord Park Tavern in Stoke Newington, and Luppolo in Wanstead.
He said: “We are a family-owned business with strong roots in Hackney, we are proud that our sites are not just great places to eat and drink but serve as community hubs too. Lanterna will be no different.
"We are delighted to be opening in this blossoming part of Hackney Wick, a stone’s throw from London Stadium, bringing with us our famous stone baked pizza as well as exciting new elements like our deli and weekend brunch.
"We look forward to Lanterna becoming a destination spot for Fish Island locals and those travelling from further afield to this vibrant and creative part of East London.”
Lanterna opened its doors on July 1, and will be offering 2 pizzas for £15 all month.
- 1 Hackney Central: 25 flee from flats as fire breaks out in shop below
- 2 Housing plan for De Beauvoir estate approved – despite environmental concerns
- 3 Push for funds to create new water park
- 4 Top Hackney cop moves on to get the force out of special measures
- 5 Hackney Wick planning application for 190 new homes gets green light
- 6 Four days of free events as All Points East returns
- 7 South Hackney flat fire under investigation
- 8 Two more child strip-search cases under investigation by police watchdog
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 10 Hackney financial advisor announced as finalist for Black British Business Awards
Marketing manager Rebecca Simms said: "We want to make sure that we become an integral part of the community, that we become a destination for the residents."