Butt op woman linked to Hoxton student’s death arrested in America
A transsexual singer accused of injecting silicone into the bottom of a Hackney woman who later died, was arrested in the States yesterday (Thursday) in connection with another botched operation.
Padge Victoria Windslowe, 42, who used to be a man but is now trying to make it as a female hiphop artist under the name ‘Black Madam’, was charged with aggravated assault and deceptive practises by US police.
A 23-year-old American woman claimed she nearly died after her so-called ‘booty op’ and it is alleged Windslow illegally administered buttock-enhancement injections to numerous clients trying to get a more voluptuous shape.
American authorities are also investigating whether Windslowe is linked to the death of 20-year-old Claudia Aderotimi, of Geffrye Court, Hoxton, who dreamed of being a model and singer but died just hours after paying the equivalent of �1,000 for a silicone jab in February 2011.
It was the second time the Thames Valley University student had travelled to Philadelphia to have the procedure, but the toxic substance entered her bloodstream and she was found dead of a heart attack in her hotel room.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutors said Windslowe was arrested at a ‘pumping party’ as she prepared to inject more people, and added she is being held on $10million – about �6.3m – bail.
Last April, Claudia’s friends, many of them singers and dancers, held a special concert in her memory at St Monica’s Catholic Primary School in Hoxton Square encouraging young women to be happy with their bodies.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back