Buttercup gives boost to Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail
- Credit: Archant
A panto cow was the star of the show when she visited the Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail sneak preview in Dalston Square last week.
Buttercup, who appears this year’s Hackney Empire pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, went along to give a boost to the charity sale, which takes place next Saturday.
The initiative started in Australia to combat illegal dumping and instead raise funds for community projects.
So far 31 individuals, cultural institutions, community groups and social enterprises have registered to join the Garage Sale Trail across Hackney.
They include a film theme sale at the Rio Cinema, traditional crafts and culture at the Halkevi Kurdish and Turkish Community Centre and herbs and perennials raised by people with disabilities and older people at the Secret Potting Shed Sale.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised on Saturday September 26 will benefit Hackney Giving, which supports the borough’s smaller charities to work at a grassroots level with residents and communities.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV