Buttercup gives boost to Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail
- Credit: Archant
A panto cow was the star of the show when she visited the Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail sneak preview in Dalston Square last week.
Buttercup, who appears this year’s Hackney Empire pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, went along to give a boost to the charity sale, which takes place next Saturday.
The initiative started in Australia to combat illegal dumping and instead raise funds for community projects.
So far 31 individuals, cultural institutions, community groups and social enterprises have registered to join the Garage Sale Trail across Hackney.
They include a film theme sale at the Rio Cinema, traditional crafts and culture at the Halkevi Kurdish and Turkish Community Centre and herbs and perennials raised by people with disabilities and older people at the Secret Potting Shed Sale.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised on Saturday September 26 will benefit Hackney Giving, which supports the borough’s smaller charities to work at a grassroots level with residents and communities.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 10 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting