Buttercup gives boost to Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail
- Credit: Archant
A panto cow was the star of the show when she visited the Hackney Giving Garage Sale Trail sneak preview in Dalston Square last week.
Buttercup, who appears this year’s Hackney Empire pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, went along to give a boost to the charity sale, which takes place next Saturday.
The initiative started in Australia to combat illegal dumping and instead raise funds for community projects.
So far 31 individuals, cultural institutions, community groups and social enterprises have registered to join the Garage Sale Trail across Hackney.
They include a film theme sale at the Rio Cinema, traditional crafts and culture at the Halkevi Kurdish and Turkish Community Centre and herbs and perennials raised by people with disabilities and older people at the Secret Potting Shed Sale.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised on Saturday September 26 will benefit Hackney Giving, which supports the borough’s smaller charities to work at a grassroots level with residents and communities.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 4 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home