Spurs defender Carter-Vickers joins Stoke on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The United States international spent the 2018/19 season with Swansea City, also on a temporary deal
Tottenham Hotspur have allowed young defender Cameron Carter-Vickers to join Stoke City on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old has struggled for game time with Spurs and spent the past campaign with Swansea City in the Championship, earning praise during his time in Wales.
An injury this summer prevented the centre back from getting the chance to impress Mauricio Pochettino on the club's tour of Asia and he has now departed N17.
Elsewhere, the Lilywhites continue to work on deals to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham and Real Betis playmaker Giovani Lo Celso.
You may also want to watch:
With the Premier League and Championship transfer window set to shut at 5pm this afternoon, Tottenham will hope to complete the aforementioned signings in time and make it a deadline day to remember.
Spurs were also in the running for Paulo Dybala, of Juventus, but that transfer looks less likely to happen.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12