Spurs defender Carter-Vickers joins Stoke on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The United States international spent the 2018/19 season with Swansea City, also on a temporary deal
Tottenham Hotspur have allowed young defender Cameron Carter-Vickers to join Stoke City on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old has struggled for game time with Spurs and spent the past campaign with Swansea City in the Championship, earning praise during his time in Wales.
An injury this summer prevented the centre back from getting the chance to impress Mauricio Pochettino on the club's tour of Asia and he has now departed N17.
Elsewhere, the Lilywhites continue to work on deals to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham and Real Betis playmaker Giovani Lo Celso.
You may also want to watch:
With the Premier League and Championship transfer window set to shut at 5pm this afternoon, Tottenham will hope to complete the aforementioned signings in time and make it a deadline day to remember.
Spurs were also in the running for Paulo Dybala, of Juventus, but that transfer looks less likely to happen.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse