Spurs defender Carter-Vickers joins Stoke on loan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The United States international spent the 2018/19 season with Swansea City, also on a temporary deal
Tottenham Hotspur have allowed young defender Cameron Carter-Vickers to join Stoke City on a loan deal until the end of the season.
The 21-year-old has struggled for game time with Spurs and spent the past campaign with Swansea City in the Championship, earning praise during his time in Wales.
An injury this summer prevented the centre back from getting the chance to impress Mauricio Pochettino on the club's tour of Asia and he has now departed N17.
Elsewhere, the Lilywhites continue to work on deals to sign Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham and Real Betis playmaker Giovani Lo Celso.
You may also want to watch:
With the Premier League and Championship transfer window set to shut at 5pm this afternoon, Tottenham will hope to complete the aforementioned signings in time and make it a deadline day to remember.
Spurs were also in the running for Paulo Dybala, of Juventus, but that transfer looks less likely to happen.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 7 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site