Cameroon comes to Hackney with a photo exhibition
Cameroon comes to Hackney, with a photo exhibition launching this Saturday (September 1) in Hackney Library.
Henry Ikose moved to Horton Road in London Fields a decade ago, but grew up by the Limbe Botanic Garden in Cameroon and wants to depict nature in his images.
“I was attuned to plants and nature, because I spent my life in the garden,” said Henry, 43.
“I became a teacher and organised children and environmental workshops, now I want to send a message to young children to say we are all in this world to live a sustainable life.”
The exhibition in Reading Lane ends Saturday September 29.
You may also want to watch:
Henry will present a question and answer session open to all on September 15 at 1pm.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers