Cameroon comes to Hackney with a photo exhibition
Cameroon comes to Hackney, with a photo exhibition launching this Saturday (September 1) in Hackney Library.
Henry Ikose moved to Horton Road in London Fields a decade ago, but grew up by the Limbe Botanic Garden in Cameroon and wants to depict nature in his images.
“I was attuned to plants and nature, because I spent my life in the garden,” said Henry, 43.
“I became a teacher and organised children and environmental workshops, now I want to send a message to young children to say we are all in this world to live a sustainable life.”
The exhibition in Reading Lane ends Saturday September 29.
You may also want to watch:
Henry will present a question and answer session open to all on September 15 at 1pm.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse