Canines compete in Shoreditch dog-olympics
Pampered pooches will be strutting their stuff at London’s first dog festival this weekend in Shoreditch.
The Canine Games, held in Haggerston Park, gives dogs great and small a chance to compete in their very own dogolympics.
The day will kick off with an opening ceremony led by Mugly, crowned the World’s Ugliest Dog, and events include Fastest Frisbee Fetch, Pets factor and Best EastEnd Dog.
Organiser Natasha Mason said: “It’s the hotdoggest thing to do this weekend, celebrating our wonderful furry friends, for a brilliant cause.”
She said unlike other shows, dogs of any size, ability and pedigree (of lack of) are welcome and have a chance to win prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Kennel Club Secretary Caroline Kisko said: “The Canine Games is a brilliant excuse for anyone in London, and even further afield, to spend a fun day out doing something different with their four-legged friends.
“The event is one of a kind and will undoubtedly appeal to anyone who loves dogs.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
The day is in aid of charities including Battersea Dogs & Cats Home and the Dogs Trust. There will be talks about responsible dog ownership, free advice from vets and free microchipping.
The Canine Games will take place in Haggerston Park, Shoreditch, E2 8QH from 12-6pm on July 7. Entry is free but donations are welcome. To enter your dog visit www.thecaninegames.co.uk