Canoe club open day invites all Hackney residents
Celebrate Team GB’s Olympic gold medal-winning success in canoeing by trying out the sport for yourself in Upper Clapton this weekend.
All Hackney residents, aged nine and above, are invited to have a go at canoeing and kayaking for free at Leaside Canoe Club on Saturday.
The sessions, which will be led by qualified instructors, are in celebration of Olympic success and to give more people an opportunity to try the water sport.
Participants are advised to bring a towel and a change of clothes and shoes.
The open day runs from 10am-1pm at Leaside Canoe Club, Spring Lane, E5 9HQ.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.leaside.org.uk
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 4 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 5 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 6 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 9 How you can get free pizza at a Hoxton restaurant
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world