Canoe club open day invites all Hackney residents
Celebrate Team GB’s Olympic gold medal-winning success in canoeing by trying out the sport for yourself in Upper Clapton this weekend.
All Hackney residents, aged nine and above, are invited to have a go at canoeing and kayaking for free at Leaside Canoe Club on Saturday.
The sessions, which will be led by qualified instructors, are in celebration of Olympic success and to give more people an opportunity to try the water sport.
Participants are advised to bring a towel and a change of clothes and shoes.
The open day runs from 10am-1pm at Leaside Canoe Club, Spring Lane, E5 9HQ.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.leaside.org.uk
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs