Canoe club open day invites all Hackney residents
Celebrate Team GB’s Olympic gold medal-winning success in canoeing by trying out the sport for yourself in Upper Clapton this weekend.
All Hackney residents, aged nine and above, are invited to have a go at canoeing and kayaking for free at Leaside Canoe Club on Saturday.
The sessions, which will be led by qualified instructors, are in celebration of Olympic success and to give more people an opportunity to try the water sport.
Participants are advised to bring a towel and a change of clothes and shoes.
The open day runs from 10am-1pm at Leaside Canoe Club, Spring Lane, E5 9HQ.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.leaside.org.uk
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction