Canoe club open day invites all Hackney residents
Celebrate Team GB’s Olympic gold medal-winning success in canoeing by trying out the sport for yourself in Upper Clapton this weekend.
All Hackney residents, aged nine and above, are invited to have a go at canoeing and kayaking for free at Leaside Canoe Club on Saturday.
The sessions, which will be led by qualified instructors, are in celebration of Olympic success and to give more people an opportunity to try the water sport.
Participants are advised to bring a towel and a change of clothes and shoes.
The open day runs from 10am-1pm at Leaside Canoe Club, Spring Lane, E5 9HQ.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.leaside.org.uk
- 1 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back