Captain Hugo Lloris proud of Tottenham Hotspur’s season
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
French goalkeeper missed out on Golden Glove award, but happy with Spurs’ achievements during the 2016/17 campaign and excited to be in Hong Kong
Tottenham Hotspur captain Hugo Lloris is proud of the club’s achievements last season despite missing out on the Golden Glove award.
Sam Clucas’ second-half strike for Hull City on Sunday meant the Spurs goalkeeper missed out on sharing the award.
Lloris needed to keep a clean sheet to ensure he finished level with Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois, who finished with 16 shut outs.
But Clucas’ goal put an end to his hopes of securing another accolade for the club after a wonderful campaign.
The Frenchmen seemed in good spirits during yesterday’s press conference in Hong Kong and spoke about Friday’s game against SC Kitchee.
“We can be proud of last season and now we have one week to enjoy all together and with the fans too,” Lloris told the official club website.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 5 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 6 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 9 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
“I’m sure it will be an exciting game. We’re lucky because we have some free time and Hong Kong is a fantastic place.
“We’re here to enjoy it and to represent the club, so we have our responsibilities as well and we’d like to give something to our fans here.”
The Spurs players have been busy since arriving in Hong Kong with Heung-min Son, Kyle Walker, Ben Davies and Kevin Wimmer meeting with AIA staff and customers yesterday.
A special coaching session was also put on at Hong Kong Football Club with Michel Vorm, Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen coaching some of the locals.
Harry Kane and Victor Wanyama also took time out to meet fans while Dele Alli, Eric Dier and Moussa Sissoko went along to a special AIA VIP Meet & Greet event.
Lloris, Alli, Dier and Alderweireld also took part in a cooking master and the squad are set to attend several other functions during their time in Hong Kong.
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino said: “Thank you so much for such a warm welcome. It’s fantastic to be here and so exciting for us and we’re happy to have the possibility to share that with you.”
Tottenham have also announced an application to build a new education and environmental facility, on a site adjacent to the training centre, has been approved by Enfield Council.