Capture Hackney’s vibrant markets in photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring photographers who take the best shots of Hackney’s five vibrant markets are in with a chance of winning two hampers made up of a range of goods from local traders.
There is an under-15 category and another for all ages in Hackney Council’s ‘picture hunt’ which is being run as part of national Love Your Local Market fortnight, which runs until May 27.
To win visitors must take at least one picture from three of the council’s five participating markets - Broadway Market, Chatsworth Road Market, Hoxton Street Market, Kingsland Waste Market and Ridley Road Market.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “We hope to see some creative pictures that will bring the sights, smells and sounds of Hackney to life.
Participants must tweet images to @Hackneycouncil with the hashtag #LYLM15, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is due to close at 5pm on 27 May.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 5 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 6 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 7 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse