Capture Hackney’s vibrant markets in photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring photographers who take the best shots of Hackney’s five vibrant markets are in with a chance of winning two hampers made up of a range of goods from local traders.
There is an under-15 category and another for all ages in Hackney Council’s ‘picture hunt’ which is being run as part of national Love Your Local Market fortnight, which runs until May 27.
To win visitors must take at least one picture from three of the council’s five participating markets - Broadway Market, Chatsworth Road Market, Hoxton Street Market, Kingsland Waste Market and Ridley Road Market.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “We hope to see some creative pictures that will bring the sights, smells and sounds of Hackney to life.
Participants must tweet images to @Hackneycouncil with the hashtag #LYLM15, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is due to close at 5pm on 27 May.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 9 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste
- 10 Police searching for rightful owners of 45 stolen bikes