Capture Hackney’s vibrant markets in photo competition
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring photographers who take the best shots of Hackney’s five vibrant markets are in with a chance of winning two hampers made up of a range of goods from local traders.
There is an under-15 category and another for all ages in Hackney Council’s ‘picture hunt’ which is being run as part of national Love Your Local Market fortnight, which runs until May 27.
To win visitors must take at least one picture from three of the council’s five participating markets - Broadway Market, Chatsworth Road Market, Hoxton Street Market, Kingsland Waste Market and Ridley Road Market.
Cllr Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “We hope to see some creative pictures that will bring the sights, smells and sounds of Hackney to life.
Participants must tweet images to @Hackneycouncil with the hashtag #LYLM15, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is due to close at 5pm on 27 May.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney