Car bursts into flames on Silicon Roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A car burst into flames near Silicon Roundabout in Old Street on Tuesday night.
Dozens of people witnessed the incident and alerted fire crews at Shoreditch, who quickly put out the blaze.
Passer-by Adam Jones captured the scene with two photos showing people looking on at the fire-ravaged car.
He told the Gazette: “I was coming from the underground when I smelt smoke and then heard the sirens. As I emerged I heard a pop and looked around to see a car on fire.
“LFB were already on the scene – it helped they are stationed close by – and had it out in under a minute. Brave guys – I thought it was going to blow from the sounds it was making.”
You may also want to watch:
Police also attended to manage traffic but no one was injured.
- 1 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 4 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 5 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 8 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 9 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted