Improved GCSE results for the fifth year in row at Cardinal Pole Catholic School
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating the fifth year of improved GCSE results at Cardinal Pole Catholic School.
The school has continued trend of improvement on the key measure of students achieving a grade 4+ (C+) in mathematics and English, which is up to 64per cent this year.
Executive headteacher, Jane Heffernan, paid tribute to the hard work of staff and students and the support of the parents.
“It is wonderful to be able to share such good news,” she said. “At GCSE, our Year 11 students celebrated with improved results for the fifth year in a row, many securing the highest grades. These grades are a testament to the hard work of all involved in the school and I am delighted that all our efforts have paid off.”
Maths results were at 72per cent grade 4+ and 51pc grade 5+. English results continue to be above national average at 76pc grade 4+ and 53pc grade 5+.
You may also want to watch:
Star performers include Helen Wei with 99988777 & Aaron Quidley with 98888777.
“I received mostly 8s and will be studying maths, chemistry and physics at A-level at Cardinal Pole. Thanks to all the amazing teachers that have helped me to get such amazing results,” said Kirsty Andoh (88888776).
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
“I am so happy with my results, I got grades ranging from 9s to 6s. I thank all my teachers for the immense help - all the Saturdays and extra work they have us was really worth it! Thank you so much,” said Serena Berko (998777A).
“I’m relieved and excited! Both the students and teachers never gave up. Thank you particularly to Miss Ingrey and Mr MacNaughton. I will study biology, chemistry, maths and psychology at A-level at Cardinal Pole,” said Derecash Anokye (98777776).