Improved GCSE results for the fifth year in row at Cardinal Pole Catholic School
- Credit: Archant
Staff and students are celebrating the fifth year of improved GCSE results at Cardinal Pole Catholic School.
The school has continued trend of improvement on the key measure of students achieving a grade 4+ (C+) in mathematics and English, which is up to 64per cent this year.
Executive headteacher, Jane Heffernan, paid tribute to the hard work of staff and students and the support of the parents.
“It is wonderful to be able to share such good news,” she said. “At GCSE, our Year 11 students celebrated with improved results for the fifth year in a row, many securing the highest grades. These grades are a testament to the hard work of all involved in the school and I am delighted that all our efforts have paid off.”
Maths results were at 72per cent grade 4+ and 51pc grade 5+. English results continue to be above national average at 76pc grade 4+ and 53pc grade 5+.
You may also want to watch:
Star performers include Helen Wei with 99988777 & Aaron Quidley with 98888777.
“I received mostly 8s and will be studying maths, chemistry and physics at A-level at Cardinal Pole. Thanks to all the amazing teachers that have helped me to get such amazing results,” said Kirsty Andoh (88888776).
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 7 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
“I am so happy with my results, I got grades ranging from 9s to 6s. I thank all my teachers for the immense help - all the Saturdays and extra work they have us was really worth it! Thank you so much,” said Serena Berko (998777A).
“I’m relieved and excited! Both the students and teachers never gave up. Thank you particularly to Miss Ingrey and Mr MacNaughton. I will study biology, chemistry, maths and psychology at A-level at Cardinal Pole,” said Derecash Anokye (98777776).