A-level results 2018: Hard work pays off as Cardinal Pole “delighted” with students’ top grades
- Credit: Cardinal Pole
Cardinal Pole has secured top marks in its A Levels results, with 97 per cent getting A* to D and one student getting three A*s.
More than half at the sixth form, which is among the best in the country, got A* to B.
One student, Jedidah Ubaldo, got top marks and is off to study Maths at UCL.
He said: “I’m still in shock...but it could not have been possible without the support from the Maths and History departments who have pushed me to do my best. I’m excited to see where life leads me.”
The results are an increase on last year for the school in Morning Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Executive headteacher, Jane Heffernan said: “The school was especially pleased given all the recent changes in the A Level exams that our students were so successful in achieving the very top grades. Whilst the attainment and progress was extremely high across the piece, individual departments truly excelled, including Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography, Art, Business and Psychology.
“These results will enable our students to face the future with the confidence based on academic excellence, as well as a wealth of experiences, opportunities and skills.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared