A-level results 2018: Hard work pays off as Cardinal Pole “delighted” with students’ top grades
- Credit: Cardinal Pole
Cardinal Pole has secured top marks in its A Levels results, with 97 per cent getting A* to D and one student getting three A*s.
More than half at the sixth form, which is among the best in the country, got A* to B.
One student, Jedidah Ubaldo, got top marks and is off to study Maths at UCL.
He said: “I’m still in shock...but it could not have been possible without the support from the Maths and History departments who have pushed me to do my best. I’m excited to see where life leads me.”
The results are an increase on last year for the school in Morning Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Executive headteacher, Jane Heffernan said: “The school was especially pleased given all the recent changes in the A Level exams that our students were so successful in achieving the very top grades. Whilst the attainment and progress was extremely high across the piece, individual departments truly excelled, including Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography, Art, Business and Psychology.
“These results will enable our students to face the future with the confidence based on academic excellence, as well as a wealth of experiences, opportunities and skills.”
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 8 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 9 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses
- 10 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director