A-level results 2018: Hard work pays off as Cardinal Pole “delighted” with students’ top grades
- Credit: Cardinal Pole
Cardinal Pole has secured top marks in its A Levels results, with 97 per cent getting A* to D and one student getting three A*s.
More than half at the sixth form, which is among the best in the country, got A* to B.
One student, Jedidah Ubaldo, got top marks and is off to study Maths at UCL.
He said: “I’m still in shock...but it could not have been possible without the support from the Maths and History departments who have pushed me to do my best. I’m excited to see where life leads me.”
The results are an increase on last year for the school in Morning Lane.
You may also want to watch:
Executive headteacher, Jane Heffernan said: “The school was especially pleased given all the recent changes in the A Level exams that our students were so successful in achieving the very top grades. Whilst the attainment and progress was extremely high across the piece, individual departments truly excelled, including Maths, Further Maths, History, Geography, Art, Business and Psychology.
“These results will enable our students to face the future with the confidence based on academic excellence, as well as a wealth of experiences, opportunities and skills.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
- 9 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 10 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London