Caribbean supper club will raise funds for Headway East London
- Credit: Headway East London
Survivors of brain injuries will whip up a three-course Caribbean meal for a Supper Club to raise money for Headway East London where they are developing their culinary skills.
The menu for Friday March 20 has been developed over many weeks in the charity’s purpose-built kitchen in Kingsland Road.
Headway’s members are encouraged to explore their memories of food and to share stories about meals from their lives - both pre and post-injury – to aid their recovery.
A daily lunch club sees members feeing everyone at the centre plus a set of regulars from local businesses, which encourages members to work together to create something tangible, and attain a sense of value and achievement.
The Supper Club will kick off in the Regent’s Canal side garden with rum punch and warm nibbles alongside an open fire, before heading indoors to the charity’s transformed art studio.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the meal cost £35 and drinks will be served from 6pm, with food from 7pm.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 6 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London