Caribbean supper club will raise funds for Headway East London
- Credit: Headway East London
Survivors of brain injuries will whip up a three-course Caribbean meal for a Supper Club to raise money for Headway East London where they are developing their culinary skills.
The menu for Friday March 20 has been developed over many weeks in the charity’s purpose-built kitchen in Kingsland Road.
Headway’s members are encouraged to explore their memories of food and to share stories about meals from their lives - both pre and post-injury – to aid their recovery.
A daily lunch club sees members feeing everyone at the centre plus a set of regulars from local businesses, which encourages members to work together to create something tangible, and attain a sense of value and achievement.
The Supper Club will kick off in the Regent’s Canal side garden with rum punch and warm nibbles alongside an open fire, before heading indoors to the charity’s transformed art studio.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the meal cost £35 and drinks will be served from 6pm, with food from 7pm.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 7 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney