Caribbean supper club will raise funds for Headway East London
- Credit: Headway East London
Survivors of brain injuries will whip up a three-course Caribbean meal for a Supper Club to raise money for Headway East London where they are developing their culinary skills.
The menu for Friday March 20 has been developed over many weeks in the charity’s purpose-built kitchen in Kingsland Road.
Headway’s members are encouraged to explore their memories of food and to share stories about meals from their lives - both pre and post-injury – to aid their recovery.
A daily lunch club sees members feeing everyone at the centre plus a set of regulars from local businesses, which encourages members to work together to create something tangible, and attain a sense of value and achievement.
The Supper Club will kick off in the Regent’s Canal side garden with rum punch and warm nibbles alongside an open fire, before heading indoors to the charity’s transformed art studio.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the meal cost £35 and drinks will be served from 6pm, with food from 7pm.
- 1 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 2 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 3 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72