Carnival count down as Hackney prepares to party
- Credit: Archant
The Hackney One Carnival will once again fill the streets with spectacular costumes, energetic dance and uplifting music this Sunday.
Bringing together hundreds of performers from carnival and community groups, the annual council-run event will celebrate the melting pot of cultures and creativity that thrive in the borough.
The procession leaves Ridley Road at 2pm working its way south along Dalston Lane, Richmond Road and along Mare Street towards the Town Hall, before heading up Amhurst Road and back to Ridley Road.
Hackney’s best young musicians will perform in Hackney Town Hall Square between noon and 3.10pm, and there will be children’s play area in Gillett Square from noon to 6pm.
After the procession there will be a finale in Ridley Road, featuring Reggae, Soca and Brazilian music and food until 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Jonathan McShane, cabinet member for health social care and culture, said; “As always, the carnival groups have been working tirelessly to bring you a spectacular procession. Come and join us in the streets and enjoy Hackney’s carnival atmosphere.”
Tweet and share your photos on Facebook using #HackneyOneCarnival.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers