Celebrity designer James Long launches free tote bags to support Hackney’s shop local campaign
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers can show their love for Hackney – and the environment – with the launch of new limited edition designer tote bags.
The Love Hackney, Shop Local bags are the creation of celebrity-favourite designer James Long and can be picked up for free in 24 shops across the borough with another purchase from Saturday (Oct 25).
Hackney resident Mr Long, whose clothing has been worn by the likes of Pharrell Williams, Usher and Tinie Tempah, designed the fabric accessory especially for the campaign under the same name, which aims to encourage people to use businesses on their doorsteps.
He said: “Living and working in Hackney means I spend a lot of time here and I am proud to support the amazing local businesses and people that make Hackney what it is. The mix of people and styles is a constant source of inspiration, it’s a place that is constantly moving and evolving. It feels like an exciting neighbourhood to live and work in and I love it.”
Cllr Feryal Demirci, cabinet member for neighbourhoods, said: “By shopping in a local store you will be supporting local businesses, helping them to grow, become successful and employ local residents. With the new ‘Love Hackney, Shop Local’ tote bag you will also be helping the environment by reusing a cotton bag as an alternative to plastic that in many cases cannot be recycled and can last for up to 1,000 years.”
To see a full list of local shops where the bag can be found, please visit the Love Hackney, Shop Local click here
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers