Spurs to discover Champions League quarter-final opponents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino could find himself up against three Premier League rivals in the last eight of the competition
Tottenham Hotspur will discover their next opponents in the Champions League on Friday morning.
Spurs made it through to the quarter-finals with a stunning 4-0 victory over Borussia Dortmund on aggregate.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team now have their eyes on Friday’s draw at 11am in Nyon, Switzerland where they will discover who they will face for a spot in the last-four.
There is no longer seeding or country protection at this stage of the tournament, with any restrictions to be announced ahead of the draw.
Also, the semi-final draw will follow the quarter-final draw, meaning teams will know their potential paths to the final.
Spurs could do battle with Premier League top-six rivals Manchester City, Liverpool or Man United in the next phase.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 10 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
The quarter-final first leg will take place on April 9 or 10 and then the second leg will occur a week later on April 16 or 17.
When Tottenham last made it to this stage, they were knocked out by Real Madrid in 2011, but they’ll hope for better this time with last season’s winners stuffed by Ajax 5-3 on aggregate in the round of 16.
In addition to Ajax, City, Liverpool and United, the Lilywhites could also face Barcelona, Juventus or Porto in the quarter-finals.