Spurs to discover Champions League quarter-final opponents
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino could find himself up against three Premier League rivals in the last eight of the competition
Tottenham Hotspur will discover their next opponents in the Champions League on Friday morning.
Spurs made it through to the quarter-finals with a stunning 4-0 victory over Borussia Dortmund on aggregate.
Mauricio Pochettino’s team now have their eyes on Friday’s draw at 11am in Nyon, Switzerland where they will discover who they will face for a spot in the last-four.
There is no longer seeding or country protection at this stage of the tournament, with any restrictions to be announced ahead of the draw.
You may also want to watch:
Also, the semi-final draw will follow the quarter-final draw, meaning teams will know their potential paths to the final.
Spurs could do battle with Premier League top-six rivals Manchester City, Liverpool or Man United in the next phase.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 4 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
The quarter-final first leg will take place on April 9 or 10 and then the second leg will occur a week later on April 16 or 17.
When Tottenham last made it to this stage, they were knocked out by Real Madrid in 2011, but they’ll hope for better this time with last season’s winners stuffed by Ajax 5-3 on aggregate in the round of 16.
In addition to Ajax, City, Liverpool and United, the Lilywhites could also face Barcelona, Juventus or Porto in the quarter-finals.