Tottenham to face Dortmund in Champions League
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The draw for the round of 16 of this season’s UEFA Champions League has been made
Tottenham Hotspur will face Borussia Dortmund in the round of 16 of this year’s UEFA Champions League.
The draw for the first round of the knockout stages was made at UEFA’s headquarters in the Swiss city of Nyon on Monday.
As one of the eight group runners-up, Spurs could have been draw against the likes of defending champions Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich.
Instead, Mauricio Pochettino’s men were drawn against a Dortmund side who are currently nine points clear at the top of the Bundesliga.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham, though, do have good recent form in Europe against Lucien Favre’s men, having beaten the Germans twice in the group stages of last season’s Champions League.
Spurs will be hoping to progress past the first knockout stage this season, having gone out to Juventus at this round last term.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
Having finished second in their group, Tottenham will be at home in the first leg with the second taking place at Dortmund’s Signal Iduna Park.
The first leg will take place on either February 12/13/19/20, with the second leg on either March 5/6/12/13.