Spurs join Liverpool in confirming Champions League victory parade plan
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The two Champions League finalists have confirmed should they win the competition on June 1st, they will have a victory parade the following day
Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed its plan to have an open-top bus victory parade on June 2nd should they defeat Liverpool in the Champions League final on June 1st.
While the announcement will receive jest from rival supporters, it is standard procedure with the Reds doing similar earlier this month.
Jurgen Klopp's team had to put a plan in place should they clinch the Premier League title and at the same time confirmed what would happen for a victory parade should they win the Champions League.
A Culture Liverpool statement read: "The City of Liverpool will formally invite the club to hold a victory parade. A parade for a Champions League final victory would take place on Sunday 2 June."
You may also want to watch:
Spurs have now joined their fellow finalists in producing a plan of what could happen if Mauricio Pochettino's team win the European Cup next month.
"The club is now able to confirm its plans for an open-top bus victory parade on Sunday 2 June if we are successful in the previous night's UEFA Champions League Final against Liverpool in Madrid," a statement read.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
"The open-top bus route will depart the stadium via Northumberland Park at approximately 2.30pm and follow the below route:
- Northumberland Park (Eastbound)
- Willoughby Lane (Southbound)
- Lansdowne Road (Westbound)
- Tottenham High Road (Northbound)
"We expect the open-top bus parade to last approximately one hour, finishing where the High Road meets Park Lane.
"A temporary staging area will be erected on the High Road outside the stadium to receive the players and coaching staff for a presentation of the trophy for fans gathered in the area.
"Please note, there will be road closures in place along the parade route and associated side roads to maintain public safety - closures will be implemented early in the day and removed as crowds disperse.
"To support the road closures, TfL's buses and general traffic will be diverted. Please keep an eye on our channels for a more detailed travel update and further information on the event for fans and the local community in due course."