Champions Mark Foster, Nick Robinson-Baker and Cassie Patten join 500 swimmers at London Fields Lido
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Six-time world champion Mark Foster, Olympic diver Nick Robinson-Baker and Olympic bronze medallist Cassie Patten took to the water in London Fields Lido alongside nearly 500 London swimmers yesterday.
The pool was hosting the finale of a series of 10 SwimBritain events that have been taking place across the country over the last couple of months.
SwimBritain aims to encourage 500,000 more people to swim regularly by 2015 with the first-ever series of team relay events.
Mark, whose five year British record in the 50m Freestyle was only just broken this summer, wants to get people swimming.
“Many people spend long hours at work sitting down so it’s really important that they try and get regular exercise,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the health and fitness benefits, swimming is refreshing, relaxing and liberating. It’s a great escape from the stresses of work and everyday life.”
- 1 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images