Champions Mark Foster, Nick Robinson-Baker and Cassie Patten join 500 swimmers at London Fields Lido
- Credit: Getty Images for British Gas
Six-time world champion Mark Foster, Olympic diver Nick Robinson-Baker and Olympic bronze medallist Cassie Patten took to the water in London Fields Lido alongside nearly 500 London swimmers yesterday.
The pool was hosting the finale of a series of 10 SwimBritain events that have been taking place across the country over the last couple of months.
SwimBritain aims to encourage 500,000 more people to swim regularly by 2015 with the first-ever series of team relay events.
Mark, whose five year British record in the 50m Freestyle was only just broken this summer, wants to get people swimming.
“Many people spend long hours at work sitting down so it’s really important that they try and get regular exercise,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the health and fitness benefits, swimming is refreshing, relaxing and liberating. It’s a great escape from the stresses of work and everyday life.”
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 4 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 5 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 6 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 7 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 8 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington