Charity Christmas gift fair in De Beauvoir this weekend
Home made cushions, tea towels, Christmas wreaths, jewellery, knitting and crochet stalls to give you Christmas present inspiration
De Beauvoir designers, bakers and craftsmen are coming together for an exclusive Christmas charity gift fair this weekend.
Organised by newly-formed campaign group De Beauvoir Underground, the entry fee to The De Beauvoir Town Christmas Fair will be donated to the �500,000 revamp of St Peter’s Church Crypt in De Beauvoir Road.
The indoor market of around 30 stalls will include home ware, printed products, cushions, tea towels, Christmas wreaths, jewellery, knitting and crochet stalls.
Contributors include renowned designer Ella Doran whose studio is in De Beauvoir, the Healthy Back Bag Co, which sells bags which distribute weight evenly across the back, online boutique Bottle Green Homes, and Caribbean fashion house Kai Designs.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be on sale from the De Beauvoir Deli based in Southgate Road and Norwegian cooking and fairy cakes will be available from artisan bakers.
There will also be a Santa’s grotto and lots of great raffle prizes.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 8 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Three arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
The fair takes place this Saturday December 4 and Sunday December 5 in the Guiden furniture Showroom, 72 Southgate Road from 10am to 6pm.
Entry is free to De Beauvoir Underground Members (�5 membership fee), �3 single, or �5 family.