Charity Christmas gift fair in De Beauvoir this weekend
Home made cushions, tea towels, Christmas wreaths, jewellery, knitting and crochet stalls to give you Christmas present inspiration
De Beauvoir designers, bakers and craftsmen are coming together for an exclusive Christmas charity gift fair this weekend.
Organised by newly-formed campaign group De Beauvoir Underground, the entry fee to The De Beauvoir Town Christmas Fair will be donated to the �500,000 revamp of St Peter’s Church Crypt in De Beauvoir Road.
The indoor market of around 30 stalls will include home ware, printed products, cushions, tea towels, Christmas wreaths, jewellery, knitting and crochet stalls.
Contributors include renowned designer Ella Doran whose studio is in De Beauvoir, the Healthy Back Bag Co, which sells bags which distribute weight evenly across the back, online boutique Bottle Green Homes, and Caribbean fashion house Kai Designs.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be on sale from the De Beauvoir Deli based in Southgate Road and Norwegian cooking and fairy cakes will be available from artisan bakers.
There will also be a Santa’s grotto and lots of great raffle prizes.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
The fair takes place this Saturday December 4 and Sunday December 5 in the Guiden furniture Showroom, 72 Southgate Road from 10am to 6pm.
Entry is free to De Beauvoir Underground Members (�5 membership fee), �3 single, or �5 family.