Chatsworth Road festival makes eagerly anticipated return
A community street festival is returning – 34 years after it last took place.
The Chatsworth Road Festival in Clapton will be alive with events and entertainment on Saturday.
In the 1980s, Chatsworth Road and its surrounding streets held many events from outdoor community festivals to parades, and organisers Chatsworth Road Traders’ and Residents’ Association hope this year’s will revive that community spirit.
The festival will showcase the street by promoting businesses and bring communities together. There will be stalls from local and national organisations such as the NHS and London Fire Brigade, to employment advice.
Activities include cycle workshops, cooking demonstrations, a dog show, a bouncy castle for children and craft beer.
Allan Parker, Chatsworth Road market manager and event organiser, said: “With so much change taking place on the street, both in recent years and now, it’s an opportunity for people to meet their neighbours and get to know their high street and the local businesses within it.
- 1 All you need to know about Hackney Half and Hackney Moves
- 2 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 6 By-election after Hackney Labour councillor resigns
- 7 Demolition begins to make way for Hoxton homes
- 8 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 9 Kids join police as 20 speed tickets given out
- 10 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
“The festival is being supported by Chatsworth Road Supermarket, Pedro Boxing Club and Clapton Rangers FC to help us reach as many people in the community as possible. If the festival is well received, we hope this will return as an annual event.”
The event runs from 10am-9pm and Chatsworth Road will be closed to traffic between Dunlace Road and Blurton Roads.
An after-party takes place at 41b Social Club in Chatsworth Road.