Chatsworth Road festival makes eagerly anticipated return
A community street festival is returning – 34 years after it last took place.
The Chatsworth Road Festival in Clapton will be alive with events and entertainment on Saturday.
In the 1980s, Chatsworth Road and its surrounding streets held many events from outdoor community festivals to parades, and organisers Chatsworth Road Traders’ and Residents’ Association hope this year’s will revive that community spirit.
The festival will showcase the street by promoting businesses and bring communities together. There will be stalls from local and national organisations such as the NHS and London Fire Brigade, to employment advice.
You may also want to watch:
Activities include cycle workshops, cooking demonstrations, a dog show, a bouncy castle for children and craft beer.
Allan Parker, Chatsworth Road market manager and event organiser, said: “With so much change taking place on the street, both in recent years and now, it’s an opportunity for people to meet their neighbours and get to know their high street and the local businesses within it.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 4 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
“The festival is being supported by Chatsworth Road Supermarket, Pedro Boxing Club and Clapton Rangers FC to help us reach as many people in the community as possible. If the festival is well received, we hope this will return as an annual event.”
The event runs from 10am-9pm and Chatsworth Road will be closed to traffic between Dunlace Road and Blurton Roads.
An after-party takes place at 41b Social Club in Chatsworth Road.