Tottenham’s under-21s to face Gillingham, Portsmouth and Crawley Town in Checkatrade Trophy
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
After finishing bottom of Group F last season, Spurs will look to do better in Group A this time around
Tottenham Hotspur’s under-21s have been placed in Southern Section Group A of the 2018/19 Checkatrade Trophy.
Wayne Burnett’s team will take on League One clubs Gillingham and Portsmouth as well as League Two outfit Crawley Town.
Dates and times of the upcoming fixtures will be announced in due course, but Spurs can expect a tough test against some strong clubs.
Burnett’s team were placed in Southern Section Group F last season and they finished bottom with one point from three games.
You may also want to watch:
The Tottenham youngster started brightly with a 2-2 draw at Luton Town on August 15, but lost a penalty shoot-out 4-2 to only claim a single point from the game.
Defeats to AFC Wimbledon, on October 3, and Barnet (November 28) followed, as the Spurs under-21s struggled to make their mark on the competition.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
This season they will look to do better and most importantly continue to expose their academy players to competitive men’s football.
EFL clubs have now been given the opportunity to name players who are out on loan at National League clubs whilst invited teams will only be able to name two players who are over the age of 21 and have made more than 40 first-team appearances.