Children of missing Hackney man with no memory appeal for his safe return
- Credit: Archant
The children of a missing vulnerable man, with no memory recall for the past 25 years, have made an emotional appeal for their father’s safe return.
Mehmet Calik, 52, is believed to have left his home, a flat in Boscobel House, Royal Oak Road, Dalston, at 4am on Sunday.
One of his family noticed at 1.20pm that he was missing and called police straight away.
Mehmet suffers from severe dementia to the extent that he cannot even recall his own name, and police are extremely concerned that he will be disorientated due to the amount of time that he has been missing.
His wife Marina, his son Levent and his daughter Texas said: “We really miss you please make contact as soon as possible.
“The police are doing everything to find you. All we want is our dad back.”
DI Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, asked anyone who spots him to call police immediately.
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 4 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 5 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 6 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 9 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
- 10 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
“Mehmet is not dangerous but likely to display signs of confusion,” he said.
“He has been missing for several days now and his disappearance is very concerning, this is very out of character.
“He could feasibly be anywhere in London or the south east.”
Mehmet is is Turkish and is 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacked or both and a brown beanie hat.
Officers have information to suggest that Mehmet may have been in the Kings Cross area on Sunday evening.
He is known to frequent coffee shops and churches in Islington around the Angel area, Kings Cross and Hackney.
He is not believed to be in possession of a travel card or cash.
Anyone with information on Mehmet’s whereabouts is urged to call police in Hackney on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting the reference number 16MIS014419.