Children of missing Hackney man with no memory appeal for his safe return
- Credit: Archant
The children of a missing vulnerable man, with no memory recall for the past 25 years, have made an emotional appeal for their father’s safe return.
Mehmet Calik, 52, is believed to have left his home, a flat in Boscobel House, Royal Oak Road, Dalston, at 4am on Sunday.
One of his family noticed at 1.20pm that he was missing and called police straight away.
Mehmet suffers from severe dementia to the extent that he cannot even recall his own name, and police are extremely concerned that he will be disorientated due to the amount of time that he has been missing.
His wife Marina, his son Levent and his daughter Texas said: “We really miss you please make contact as soon as possible.
You may also want to watch:
“The police are doing everything to find you. All we want is our dad back.”
DI Paul Ridley, from Hackney CID, asked anyone who spots him to call police immediately.
- 1 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 2 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 3 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 4 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Mural competition launched for Homerton green corridor
- 7 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site
- 8 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 9 No queues or check outs at Dalston's new Amazon Fresh store
- 10 Cargo bike sharing comes to Stoke Newington, London Fields and Shoreditch
“Mehmet is not dangerous but likely to display signs of confusion,” he said.
“He has been missing for several days now and his disappearance is very concerning, this is very out of character.
“He could feasibly be anywhere in London or the south east.”
Mehmet is is Turkish and is 6ft and of slim build.
He was last seen wearing black jeans, black T-shirt, brown lace up shoes, brown or grey jacked or both and a brown beanie hat.
Officers have information to suggest that Mehmet may have been in the Kings Cross area on Sunday evening.
He is known to frequent coffee shops and churches in Islington around the Angel area, Kings Cross and Hackney.
He is not believed to be in possession of a travel card or cash.
Anyone with information on Mehmet’s whereabouts is urged to call police in Hackney on 101 or Missing People on 116000 quoting the reference number 16MIS014419.