Children’s author Michael Rosen’s toilet bid
- Credit: Archant
Ex-Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen is teaming up with a band for an evening of jazz and poetry to raise money for some public loos.
Hackney resident Mr Rosen who is well known for his much loved children’s book We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, will perform with the Dulce Tones at the Clapton Music Club on Friday January 25.
Pted and the Praerie Dogs will also take to the stage to revive the poetic hip rap of Lord Buckley, an eccentric American performer who influenced the beat generation and died in 1960.
All profits will go towards renovating the toilets in Chatsworth Road.
“The toilets will cost us about £8000 to renovate, with volunteer labour, so we need all the money we can get,” said Jonathan Aldenton from the Clapton Improvement Society.
You may also want to watch:
The club takes places at Hackney USC, 69 Powerscroft Road and runs from 7.30om to midnight.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 9 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 10 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car