Children’s author Michael Rosen’s toilet bid
- Credit: Archant
Ex-Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen is teaming up with a band for an evening of jazz and poetry to raise money for some public loos.
Hackney resident Mr Rosen who is well known for his much loved children’s book We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, will perform with the Dulce Tones at the Clapton Music Club on Friday January 25.
Pted and the Praerie Dogs will also take to the stage to revive the poetic hip rap of Lord Buckley, an eccentric American performer who influenced the beat generation and died in 1960.
All profits will go towards renovating the toilets in Chatsworth Road.
“The toilets will cost us about £8000 to renovate, with volunteer labour, so we need all the money we can get,” said Jonathan Aldenton from the Clapton Improvement Society.
You may also want to watch:
The club takes places at Hackney USC, 69 Powerscroft Road and runs from 7.30om to midnight.
- 1 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images