Children’s author Michael Rosen’s toilet bid
- Credit: Archant
Ex-Children’s Laureate Michael Rosen is teaming up with a band for an evening of jazz and poetry to raise money for some public loos.
Hackney resident Mr Rosen who is well known for his much loved children’s book We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, will perform with the Dulce Tones at the Clapton Music Club on Friday January 25.
Pted and the Praerie Dogs will also take to the stage to revive the poetic hip rap of Lord Buckley, an eccentric American performer who influenced the beat generation and died in 1960.
All profits will go towards renovating the toilets in Chatsworth Road.
“The toilets will cost us about £8000 to renovate, with volunteer labour, so we need all the money we can get,” said Jonathan Aldenton from the Clapton Improvement Society.
The club takes places at Hackney USC, 69 Powerscroft Road and runs from 7.30om to midnight.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown