Chimbonda urges Spurs chairman Levy to sell midfielder Eriksen
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former defender Pascal Chimbonda has urged Tottenham Chairman, Daniel Levy, to do everything in his power to sell the out of form Spurs Midfielder, Christian Eriksen, before he leaves in the summer for free.
"Spurs should be cashing in on Christian Eriksen this month," the former right-back told Gambling.com.
"If they don't, he's going for free in the summer. Since he's not playing well, they should just take any decent offer that comes in over the next few weeks.
"Even if it's not the figure Daniel Levy has in mind, any sort of fee can be put towards a new signing.
"I'm sure a quick resolution can come about, just let him go and be done with it."
You may also want to watch:
Finally, Chimbonda was quick to point out that if Eriksen does push for a move this month, he won't be able to cherry pick his destination due to the midfield-firepower in Spain.
"He's hinted before that he wants to go and play for Real Madrid or Barcelona but I don't think he's going to get either move, they're both stacked with riches in midfield already and I don't see where he gets in.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
"I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Manchester United - they need to update their midfield and they could do a lot worse than Eriksen.
"That would be a better move for him because he'd play week-in-week out, whereas at Madrid or Barca he'd only be a back-up.
"Maybe he'll wait until the end of the season, after the Euros perhaps, before weighing up his options."