Choir master from St Paul’s Cathedral will lead summer choral workshop for young people in Stoke Newington
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
Budding young singers are invited to join a choral workshop this summer, run in partnership with St Paul’s Cathedral’s world famous music department.
The course for eight- to 15-year-olds will be held at St Paul’s West Hackney Church in Stoke Newington Road from July 26 to 29.
A taster day will be held in the church on April 12 from 9.30am to 4pm.
Professional singer and Rector of St Paul’s, Niall Weir, said: “I’ve dreamt of hosting a course like this at St Paul’s Church.
“Having the chance to sing great music has been the best thing in my life and I am passionate to share this opportunity with young people in Hackney.”
You may also want to watch:
The course will be led by Tom Daggett, who leads the cathedral’s music outreach programme and director of Hackney Children’s Choir.
The course costs £3 per day including lunch, and full bursaries are available.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07840 762783 to take part.