Choir master from St Paul’s Cathedral will lead summer choral workshop for young people in Stoke Newington
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
Budding young singers are invited to join a choral workshop this summer, run in partnership with St Paul’s Cathedral’s world famous music department.
The course for eight- to 15-year-olds will be held at St Paul’s West Hackney Church in Stoke Newington Road from July 26 to 29.
A taster day will be held in the church on April 12 from 9.30am to 4pm.
Professional singer and Rector of St Paul’s, Niall Weir, said: “I’ve dreamt of hosting a course like this at St Paul’s Church.
“Having the chance to sing great music has been the best thing in my life and I am passionate to share this opportunity with young people in Hackney.”
The course will be led by Tom Daggett, who leads the cathedral’s music outreach programme and director of Hackney Children’s Choir.
The course costs £3 per day including lunch, and full bursaries are available.
- 1 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 2 A Level results 2022 live: Hackney schools as they come in
- 3 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 4 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 5 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 6 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 7 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 8 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07840 762783 to take part.