Choir master from St Paul’s Cathedral will lead summer choral workshop for young people in Stoke Newington
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
Budding young singers are invited to join a choral workshop this summer, run in partnership with St Paul’s Cathedral’s world famous music department.
The course for eight- to 15-year-olds will be held at St Paul’s West Hackney Church in Stoke Newington Road from July 26 to 29.
A taster day will be held in the church on April 12 from 9.30am to 4pm.
Professional singer and Rector of St Paul’s, Niall Weir, said: “I’ve dreamt of hosting a course like this at St Paul’s Church.
“Having the chance to sing great music has been the best thing in my life and I am passionate to share this opportunity with young people in Hackney.”
You may also want to watch:
The course will be led by Tom Daggett, who leads the cathedral’s music outreach programme and director of Hackney Children’s Choir.
The course costs £3 per day including lunch, and full bursaries are available.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
Email email@example.com or call 07840 762783 to take part.