Choir master from St Paul’s Cathedral will lead summer choral workshop for young people in Stoke Newington
- Credit: St Pauls West Hackney
Budding young singers are invited to join a choral workshop this summer, run in partnership with St Paul’s Cathedral’s world famous music department.
The course for eight- to 15-year-olds will be held at St Paul’s West Hackney Church in Stoke Newington Road from July 26 to 29.
A taster day will be held in the church on April 12 from 9.30am to 4pm.
Professional singer and Rector of St Paul’s, Niall Weir, said: “I’ve dreamt of hosting a course like this at St Paul’s Church.
“Having the chance to sing great music has been the best thing in my life and I am passionate to share this opportunity with young people in Hackney.”
You may also want to watch:
The course will be led by Tom Daggett, who leads the cathedral’s music outreach programme and director of Hackney Children’s Choir.
The course costs £3 per day including lunch, and full bursaries are available.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 5 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Hackney from climate emergency
- 7 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07840 762783 to take part.