Christian Eriksen back for Tottenham Hotspur’s clash with Huddersfield Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino looks set to leave out at least one player who impressed at APOEL Nicosia
Mauricio Pochettino takes his Tottenham Hotspur squad to Huddersfield Town this weekend seeking a fifth consecutive away victory in all competitions this season.
Spurs have been superb on their travels to date with a 2-0 win at Newcastle United backed up with a 3-0 cruise at Everton earlier this month.
After edging a thrilling encounter with West Ham last Saturday, Tottenham had Harry Kane to thank again at APOEL Nicosia on Tuesday.
Now, Spurs travel to the John Smith’s Stadium ready to take on the Terriers with Pochettino thinking about the nice problem he has.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham were without Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli for the clash with APOEL, but all three should be available to face Huddersfield.
It is a nice selection headache, although Serge Aurier is suspended, while Mousa Dembele, Danny Rose, Victor Wanyama and Erik Lamela remain out, yet Pochettino will expect his team to get another victory.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
The Spurs boss will firstly have to decide which starting XI to pick with Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko potentially battling for one spot in the centre of midfield alongside Eric Dier.
If Tottenham stick with the 3-4-2-1 formation, it seems likely one of the aforementioned midfielders will have to settle for a place on the bench unless Pochettino was to drop Alli.
The England international has struggled in the early weeks of the season, although the chances are, he’ll start at the John Smith’s Stadium with Sissoko being favoured over Winks.