Christian Eriksen back for Tottenham Hotspur’s clash with Huddersfield Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino looks set to leave out at least one player who impressed at APOEL Nicosia
Mauricio Pochettino takes his Tottenham Hotspur squad to Huddersfield Town this weekend seeking a fifth consecutive away victory in all competitions this season.
Spurs have been superb on their travels to date with a 2-0 win at Newcastle United backed up with a 3-0 cruise at Everton earlier this month.
After edging a thrilling encounter with West Ham last Saturday, Tottenham had Harry Kane to thank again at APOEL Nicosia on Tuesday.
Now, Spurs travel to the John Smith’s Stadium ready to take on the Terriers with Pochettino thinking about the nice problem he has.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham were without Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli for the clash with APOEL, but all three should be available to face Huddersfield.
It is a nice selection headache, although Serge Aurier is suspended, while Mousa Dembele, Danny Rose, Victor Wanyama and Erik Lamela remain out, yet Pochettino will expect his team to get another victory.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 6 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 7 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 10 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
The Spurs boss will firstly have to decide which starting XI to pick with Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko potentially battling for one spot in the centre of midfield alongside Eric Dier.
If Tottenham stick with the 3-4-2-1 formation, it seems likely one of the aforementioned midfielders will have to settle for a place on the bench unless Pochettino was to drop Alli.
The England international has struggled in the early weeks of the season, although the chances are, he’ll start at the John Smith’s Stadium with Sissoko being favoured over Winks.