Christian Eriksen back for Tottenham Hotspur’s clash with Huddersfield Town
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino looks set to leave out at least one player who impressed at APOEL Nicosia
Mauricio Pochettino takes his Tottenham Hotspur squad to Huddersfield Town this weekend seeking a fifth consecutive away victory in all competitions this season.
Spurs have been superb on their travels to date with a 2-0 win at Newcastle United backed up with a 3-0 cruise at Everton earlier this month.
After edging a thrilling encounter with West Ham last Saturday, Tottenham had Harry Kane to thank again at APOEL Nicosia on Tuesday.
Now, Spurs travel to the John Smith’s Stadium ready to take on the Terriers with Pochettino thinking about the nice problem he has.
Tottenham were without Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen and Dele Alli for the clash with APOEL, but all three should be available to face Huddersfield.
It is a nice selection headache, although Serge Aurier is suspended, while Mousa Dembele, Danny Rose, Victor Wanyama and Erik Lamela remain out, yet Pochettino will expect his team to get another victory.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 6 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 10 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
The Spurs boss will firstly have to decide which starting XI to pick with Harry Winks and Moussa Sissoko potentially battling for one spot in the centre of midfield alongside Eric Dier.
If Tottenham stick with the 3-4-2-1 formation, it seems likely one of the aforementioned midfielders will have to settle for a place on the bench unless Pochettino was to drop Alli.
The England international has struggled in the early weeks of the season, although the chances are, he’ll start at the John Smith’s Stadium with Sissoko being favoured over Winks.