Eriksen on target for Denmark in comfortable win
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have several players expected to be involved in international games today
Christian Eriksen helped Denmark secure a 5-1 home victory over Georgia in a Euro 2020 qualifier on Monday night.
The Spurs attacker, who recently admitted he could depart the club this summer, was on target from the penalty spot in the first half.
Denmark captain Eriksen also had a hand in two other goals on a successful night for him and the Danish after a frustrating 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland last week.
Other Tottenham Hotspur players are set to be in action today with Heung-min Son expected to feature for South Korea in another friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The national team captain will most likely start against Iran and hope to help his country to more success after getting the better of Australia 1-0 on Friday.
Elsewhere, the Lilywhites have numerous players in Euro 2020 qualifier action before they can jet off and relax following a long season.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 7 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 8 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Youngster Anthony Georgiou is set for another difficult game with Cyprus, although he will hope to make a positive impression again.
His country are set to take on Russia this evening in a crucial Euro 2020 qualifier away from home.
France captain Hugo Lloris and Spurs team-mate Moussa Sissoko will look to bounce back when they play travel to Andorra for a Euro 2020 qualifier, after a surprise 2-0 loss at Turkey last week.
Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld will be in action for Belgium in an important Euro 2020 qualifier at home to Scotland later.
After helping the Red Devils keep a clean sheet in a routine victory over Kazakhstan, the Tottenham duo will expect more success against England's neighbours tonight.
Once these matches are completed, the aforementioned players can recuperate ahead of the new Premier League campaign, which will get back underway on August 10.