Eriksen on target for Denmark in comfortable win
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Spurs have several players expected to be involved in international games today
Christian Eriksen helped Denmark secure a 5-1 home victory over Georgia in a Euro 2020 qualifier on Monday night.
The Spurs attacker, who recently admitted he could depart the club this summer, was on target from the penalty spot in the first half.
Denmark captain Eriksen also had a hand in two other goals on a successful night for him and the Danish after a frustrating 1-1 draw with the Republic of Ireland last week.
Other Tottenham Hotspur players are set to be in action today with Heung-min Son expected to feature for South Korea in another friendly.
You may also want to watch:
The national team captain will most likely start against Iran and hope to help his country to more success after getting the better of Australia 1-0 on Friday.
Elsewhere, the Lilywhites have numerous players in Euro 2020 qualifier action before they can jet off and relax following a long season.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Youngster Anthony Georgiou is set for another difficult game with Cyprus, although he will hope to make a positive impression again.
His country are set to take on Russia this evening in a crucial Euro 2020 qualifier away from home.
France captain Hugo Lloris and Spurs team-mate Moussa Sissoko will look to bounce back when they play travel to Andorra for a Euro 2020 qualifier, after a surprise 2-0 loss at Turkey last week.
Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld will be in action for Belgium in an important Euro 2020 qualifier at home to Scotland later.
After helping the Red Devils keep a clean sheet in a routine victory over Kazakhstan, the Tottenham duo will expect more success against England's neighbours tonight.
Once these matches are completed, the aforementioned players can recuperate ahead of the new Premier League campaign, which will get back underway on August 10.